Carolina Powertrain Bends Custom U-Bolts
We now bend custom u-bolts. We can also press bushings in torque arms
and equalizers, both rubber and poly. We also offer a large inventory of
How to measure a U-bolt:
When placing your order, please have the following information available:
1. The Thread size of your UBolt. This represents
letter "A" as shown in the picture.
Available Rod Sizes: 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, 1", 1 1/8", and 1
2. The inside width of your UBolt. This represents letter "B" as shown in the picture.
3. The inside length of your Ubolt. This represents letter "C" as shown in the picture
4. We will need to know if your UBolt has a Round Top, Square Top, or Semi-Round Top. Examples of these different bends are displayed in the picture.
Do not reuse auto or truck Leaf Spring U bolts
• Used U-bolts will have rusted and damaged threads from the previous installation.
• A previously torqued U-bolt will suffer from distorted threads from the engagement of the deep nut. Deep nuts should be tightened once and re-torqued, never loosened and retightened.
• A used u bolt may have suffered from fatigue as well excessive stress since achieving accurate torque with commonly used impact wrenches is very difficult.
Give us a call for all your U-bolt and suspension needs.